I started the dreamcatcher as soon as I got home with the flowers. It came out a lot nicer than I imagined it would. I'm actually really happy with it. I'm thinking about making a few more. It took me about 6 hours, but that's because I had to stop in between every step to take pictures. I honestly think the results are worth all the time spent though!
You will need:
- A metal hoop
-Plastic beaded necklace
-Hot glue gun
1. Wrap the hoop with yarn and weave the inner part. I didn't show pictures of how to do it because I feel like a video would be easier to show how it's done. THIS video is the one that I used.
2. Tie three strands of yarn onto the hoop. Then loosely braid them. I ended up doing 4 braids.
3. Cut the beaded necklace so that you have 2 strands. Then get a small piece of yarn and tie one end to the necklace and the other end to the hoop.
5. Glue flowers to the hoop. Be sure to press them down and hold until the glue dries.
6. Add more details to the bottom. I ended up adding some ribbon, beads and flowers. For the beaded strands, I just took a piece of yarn, tied it to the hoop, and glued beads on. I did the same things for the flower strands. I didn't really think I needed to add those steps but if you guys need me to show them, let me know and I'll add pictures of how I did it.
I really hope you guys enjoy this tutorial and make some gorgeous dreamcatchers too. Don't forget to tweet me or tag me on Instagram so I can see them!